Cut & paste crashes in VA9.5/Win2k

We are running VA9.5.0 on PCs with Win2000- mine's a P3 with 256mb. We experience regular crashes using cut & paste between drawings where one of the drawings is already converted VW8.5.2 file. The error log reports an access violation.

The worst part is that this is a new development in our system. We used to be able to do this with no problems and have had no system changes since then. This is a major problem for us as much our work is based on this simple yet fundamental procedure. Do I have to do that monster download again? Help!

When you copy and paste something, it could be that there is an offending object in the drawing that may be causing the crash. The way to test this is to copy and paste portions of the drawing at a time, rather than an entire layer. We have seen it where there is one single Plug In Door or Window that is causing the problem.

If you are switching between windows and you are getting an error message, it could be there is an offending object in one of the drawings that is open. I've seen this where there has been a workgroup reference and an object that lies within one of the referenced layers is crashing when it is forced to be displayed. Again, to resolve this problem, copy and paste the drawing section by section until you find the offending object. Simply delete the offending object and redraw it.