architect spotlight plugin conflicts

When installing the base VW program and then adding Architect and then Spotlight over Architect , I lose all of the plugins for architect. Is this problem real? NNA Help Desk said I needed to install two copies of the base VW software , one for each industry component in different folders due to an ongoing conflict with Spotlight and Architect. Please advise.

Joe ragey@fhda.edu

Joe,

Currently you cannot install Spotlight with Architect as workspaces. This is a limitation of how Spotlight is designed vs how the other industry series products are designed.

You will need to have an instance of VW for Architect and another instance of VW for Spotlight. You can use the files created by either interchangably, however you cannot install one with the other in the same instance of VW nor can you have two instances of VW 9.x open at the same time.

Hello Katie:

Thanks for your prompt reply. I now understand the conflict issues between SL and A . Are their other issues with the other INDEUSTRY packages as well, or is it safe to load them on top ofSTANDARD ie: Standard+ Architect+ Landmark+ ME. Is the conflict one that is only with Spotlight ? Another issue arose when I installed the two copies of Standard and then the separate packs for SL an A. When I tried to upgrade to 9.5 it only upgraded the SL pack and didn't ask me if I had another pack to upgrade. How do I go about that one. It seems to search for one pacl only and not for multiple copies on a single machine. Did I miss something? I'm sure it's possible. I also needed to purchase the CD for upgrads since WEB upgrade in a lab running fiber lines still took almost 25 minutes to downloda and accomplish and I have 24 more machines to do.

Thanks

Joe ragey@fhda.edu

To install Architect with Landmark you will need the Arch-Land serial number. You cannot install Arch with Landmark with the two seperate serial numbers - a number that starts with 5 and another that starts with 7. You will need a serial number that starts with 9. If you have purchased Arch and Land and do not have the arch-land serial number, please contact customer service for serial number resolution. (they can be reached at 410-290-5114 or sales@nemetschek.net).

As long as you have the Arch-Land serial number, those two will install together and then you can install Mechanic as an add on into that same VW instance. Spotlight is the only one that must be installed by itself.

When using the web based installer, there is a dialog that will automatically find your serial numbers. The installer will not ask if you have more instances of VW to update. You will need to run the installer a second time for Spotlight. To get the installer to recognize Spotlight, switch the serial number in the dialog box with your other serial number to your spotlight serial number. It will make the appropriate changes and update the installation. It should install Spotlight update correctly.

If you would like to request the CD, you can contact Customer Service at sales@nemetschek.net and 410-290-5114 for that.

[ 03-17-2002: Message edited by: Katie ]