Can't see selection boundary

I looked to see if this has been answered before but didn't see it:

I used to be able to see the boundary (whether I was using rectangular selection mode, lasso, or whatever) when using the 2D Selection tool. But now it seems that this boundary has turned white, so I can only see it when working with a black background.

I've looked everywhere for a setting to make it a visible color on the white background, but can't find it.

Please help! Thanks.

Yes, I'm talking about the selection marquee - not the page boundary.

The selection marquee has become white, so it's not visible while selecting items, when the background is set to white.

I can't find a setting for this, and I'm not sure why it changed. It has changed in all files - not limited to one file.

I've tried everything from reinstalling the software to changing the colors of everything for which there is an option to do so. I can't get the selection marquees to go back to the color they used to be. This is getting pretty frustrating, as it makes it nearly impossible to work with a white background, and I'm not fond of the reverse setup.

Hi again...

When you re-installed VW... did you also delete your user folder? If you haven't, try that. But ensure you save any data you had placed there in another location first. If it is just a setting, then it should refresh to defaults once you delete your user folder and re-install.

Let me know how it goes. I am still looking for this setting though, with no luck thus far.

Better yet....

(you don't need to re-install)

With VW off, delete/move the 'Settings' folder in your user folder. Launch VW, and see what happens.

I think it HAS to be some setting which is causing this (but I could be wrong).

If you move this folder (to another location), and it works, you should be able to pinpoint the problem eventually. So move the folder to a temporary place as oppose to deleting it.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by Farookey