Export to DWG

Hello,

I've searched for previous topics on this issue and none have seemed to address the problem I am encountering.

I would like to export a Vectorworks file as a DWG with certain classes not exported. I have made the classes I do not want to export invisible in the Vectorworks file. The DXF/DWG Export dialog box has an option that "Invisible Classes Are: (Not Exported)." This export option only works when I chose to export "Design Layers Only," and it does not work when I want to export "All Sheets" which is necessary in this situation. (I am working on a multi-story building with different floors layered on top of one another. I would like each floor to export into AutoCAD as a block, on a layer named for the Vectorworks layer, that can be frozen to reveal the specific floor the user wants to see. This only happens when I chose to "Export: All Sheets," and not "Design Layers Only" as I would imagine it to). How do I get around this?

Hi there...

Firstly, from what I understand, you want to export a file to autocad, but do not want certain classes (objects) being exported at the same time. You have turned the classes that you don't want exported, off in the organization palette. And you need to export by sheet layers, since you wish to differentiate between the different floors.

I am no expert... but... do/try this...

Ensure that the classes you do not want to export, are invisible in ALL of your viewports, even those viewports that do not carry that classed objects (I believe you have to make them invisible in sheet layer viewports ONLY - DLVP do not need to be touched... but I could be wrong) . An easy way to do this is by going into the organization dialog, and click the visibilities radio button (top right) - click the class (you want invisible), and ensure they are invisible in EACH viewport.

Hope this helps... let us know...

What I said about the DLVP not being required to touch, was only partially correct (or so I think). It all depends on the visible layers as well. By which I mean, if you have DLVP whose visible layers do not include the classes to be invisible, then those classes (of the DLVP), can be visible. However, if you have a layer visible which includes such a classed object (to be invisible in dwg), then that class WILL be exported as well.

Edited by Farookey