Penalized twice

I was one of the first to purchase 9.0. It cost $263 plus 15$ for shipping. Release 9.0 was a disaster and it was returned and I received my money back. I have followed the boards and am considering venturing into 9.5 which seems to have many off the bugs of 9.0 removed. Yet when I look to see the upgrade pricing... I see it is $550. This is truly outragsous. And I wrote a letter about the product... and marketing VW...and of course... it was not answered.

I don't believe this is reasonable... Had I left the product on the shelf and waited for the "improvement"... I would have received an up grade from 9.0 to 9.5 for free...

Under these circumstances... those of us who suffered with 9.0 and took a STAND and sent a message to the company should NOT be penalized by paying twice. It was OUR being used as beta tester guinea pigs that led to the improvements in 9.5. Nice way to treat devoted long time users... and at least this users which supports the product in ACAD environments DAILY.

Thanks alot...

I suggest contacting a Sales Rep at sales@nemetschek.net or 410-290-5114 -- sales.

They should be able to help you out with the correct pricing information based on the information you supply to them.

At the time I upgraded to 9.0 I was use 8.52... which I am still using at present. The upgrade at that time... promotional or whatever was $262. I have the receipt. the upgrade now is nothing like that and as far as I understand. 9.5 is only a debugged 9.0 and not a new features set. Am I wrong? Is 9.0 or 9.1 stilled offered? If not that the 8.52 to 9.5 IS the only upgrade one can make, and unless you have a mistake on the website... this IS a rip off.

Defjef,

What you are saying just isn't true. The posted upgrade price for VW 8.5.2 to 9.5 is $225.00 for the first copy. This is LESS than what you originally paid for the 9.0 upgrade. Go to store page for VW 9.5: https://secure.nemetschek.net/store/vectorworks.asp and select the second button down: VectorWorks 9.5, Upgrade from VectorWorks 8.x. Click continue. I don't know where you were getting $550 from, but maybe Andrew was right and you want a free upgrade to VW Architect...

In my 9 years of dealing with Graphsoft, Diehlgraphsoft, and Nemetschek NA, one thing that I can say without hesitation is that they have always been very fair with the cost of their product, the cost of upgrades, and the cost of support (free.) They have always been extremely responsive to customer service concerns and tend to interpret any dispute in the light most favorable to the customer.

By all means upgrade to 9.5. So far it has performed well for us.

If you have a single copy of VectorWorks 8.x the cost to upgrade is $225. If you want to trade up to an industry product like VectorWorks Architect the cost is $550. Please call me if you have any questions regarding sales.

Best regards,Mike Bendler