Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

PIO inside of PIO doesn't always show

MrClean

I have a PIO that draws a different PIO as part of itself. This seems to work fine, except when I use a .vsm (menu PIO) to update the main PIO, the inner PIO disappears.

I know the inner PIO actually executes properly, because I have it's {$DEBUG} turned on and the debugger opens when it should and the code executes as it should.

When using a .vsm to create the main PIO, and when updating the main PIO from the Info Palette, the inner PIO is displayed.

Any ideas?

Works fine here... Although, strange thing here's that the main Pio is highlighted after creation while the inner Pio is not. When i move the whole, it does get highlighted though, as it should be.

So maybe its a redraw problem? Have you tried a Redraw?

When you ungroup everything, is the inner PIO visible, selectable, present (you can do a Count or something to see if it's there)?

How do you call the inner Pio in the Main Pio and how do you update the Main Pio in the commando?

I did it with CreateCustomObject in the Main Pio and ResetObject in the commando and it seems to work fine here (VW2008).