arc's on an angle

i'm haveing major problems with concentric arcs on an angle. try drawing concentric arcs start point 360, end point 180 then use the offset tool to the inside. you can see the arcs and you can select both.

Now try to rotate this set of arcs.

the arcs are still visible but i can't select them (sometimes one sometimes both).

anyone else seen this?

running VW 9.5 on a G4 450 under 9.2 with 768 megs of ram

alistair

confused.gif" border="0

Ok, I was able to duplicate this without much of a problem. It appears to be a bad bounding box issue again here and is probably related to the center point problem.

This only seems to happen with the offset by distance tool. The offset by point tool does not cause this behavior nor do other methods of drawing a concentric arc. We are calling this bug #24874, so if you need to know the status of this at a later time, please reference that number.

If you have already done this, you can reset the bounding box by selecting the arc using the custom selection command or using the select all command, and then use the object info pallet to alter a value of the arc. Simply changing the sweep a degree and then back again should reset the bounding box. (Another thing that appears to repair the bounding box, is to rotate the object 90 degrees 4 times. This may be faster to use than isolating just one object in a multiple selection as you can simply do it to all the objects.)

Matthew GiampapaTechnical Support