Support for multi-line sheet titles under ADC

Markus Barrera-Kolb

Question

Per the 2010 documentation, mutli-line sheet titles are supposed to be supported with Automatic Drawing Coordination using the "_SD#" suffix, but they're not!

It would be great if they were supported. I spoke with someone at tech support, and they said that this was an error in the documentation, and that the function works this way because there's no way to enter a multi-line title in the sheet layer navigation palette.

However, I think that's throwing the baby out with the bath water. For the past couple of years I've been using a worksheet to keep my drawing set organized, with database columns for the sheet numbers & titles, as well as items like "sheet __ of __" and "drawn by". It works bi-directionally and thus saves me time, and when I have a multi-line title I simply enter it in the title block dialog and it then shows up in my worksheet (simply without the carriage returns). Easy, effective, and should work just fine as an approach with ADC as well!

We shouldn't have to change the orientation of our title block just to make use of a CAD feature -- that would mean that the software was driving the design, rather than the other way around (even if it is just a title block)...

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet