Libraries

When I upgraded to VW 2009 I received a used CD that had my upgrade copied to it. Not only was the CD scratched but there were library folders missing, which brings me to my point. Does VW 2009 have any chairs in it's libraries? VW 12 had loads of them but I cannot find a single chair anywhere in VW 2009.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Peter,

After the initial install problems you had, we sent a replacement VW 2009 installer DVD by overnight courier, and as a convenience, the libraries you said were missing were burned onto a CD and sent to you as well, so that you could simply copy them to your computer instead of going through the whole install process again. If you haven't received that yet, please get in touch with us again. Our CRM says it left the office June 1, and an email was sent to you on that day notifying you of this.

As to chairs, there are about a dozen furniture library files at the following location:

Program Files/Vectorworks 2009/Libraries/Objects - Building Architecture & Interior

If you want to ensure you have every library provided with Designer 2009, you may want to run the installer DVD again. Keep in mind that because of their size, many library installs are now optional and the installer presents choices as to what you want installed, so you'll have to ensure all boxes are checked.

I'd like to apologize once again for the problem you had with the initial installer. But I have to categorically state that you did not receive a used disc with your upgrade copied to it. We simply don't do that. What was sent to you was a regular Vectorworks 2009 installer DVD that is part of our stock from NNA.

We'll also follow up with by email to ensure that you have the libraries you need and can locate them.

Geoff McBeath

President

Resolve Software Solutions

Geoff - I received both the CD and DVD. I copied the 3 missing library folders from the CD which did not include the Building Architecture & Interior folder you've mentioned . I have just finished doing a re-install and discovered that there are 59 files in this library folder. Prior to this I had only 25 files.

I am returning the original VW's DVD so your people can take a look at it for yourselves.