Improvements and wishes

AFDesign

Question

Hi,

I love vectorworks but in my opinion it has some issues that nemetschek should solve:

1) print output: i use osx, and i have made some tests (laser print).

-Printing directly from vectorworks with "quartz" activated and deactivated is really different when printing (without quartz print is better but transparencies are not possible)

-Exporting a pdf and printing from adobe reader is much better than direct vw print.

2) 3d modeling: now with "parasolid" we can make really great 3D operations.... but when i "fit a wall to roof", with wall parallel to the "base line" vectorworks simply change wall height, while it shoult cut it with the roof ("offset" field is not a solution in "fit to walls") so sections will be perfect.

3) render engine:

-very very slow renders, i hope that nemetschek will use snow leopard new features to improve it

-need a separate application or thread to render, so if renders are slow we at least could keep working :)

-why allplan support "maxwell render export" and vw does not???

Some wishes:

1) vector shadows in elevations (like archicad, for example), separate from light objects

2) a "user mode" that only admit to set attributes by class (no exceptions with attributes toolbox)

3) indentable layers like classes (class-subclass)

Sorry for my english, i hope it will be intelligible :) thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet