Spur Gear Settings

AndiACD

is it just me who can't see the wood for the trees or is "Pinion/Spur Tooth Pitch standards" missing in Vectorworks gear tools options.

i need to create a few transmissions in 32 pitch, 64 pitch, Mod 1 etc. etc. but there still doesn't seem to be any options to accommodate use of these old standards or any assistance designed to reach these goals.

Can anyone help, am i missing something, or is this something that needs to added to the "Wish List"?

Hi Tom,

i created this Spur with VW9 i think, it's part of a transmission that is made up of elements with different pitch spurs and counter spurs. The pinion and 1st spur needed to be 32 Pitch with the other elements of a different pitch, M1. i now need to elininate the 32 pitch pinion and spur teeth and replace them with the same pitch as the rest of the transmission all Mod 1, but i need to be able to ensure that they are all now precise representations of the objects in order to ensure that they all mesh correctly and the centers are correctly spaced.

These are all the details listed in the OIP for one of the gears/spurs:-

Rotation: 90?

Pitch Diameter: 43.95

Number of Teeth: 44

Pressure Angle: 20-Degree

Diametrical Pitch: 25.43

Module(1mm): 1.00

Outside Dia: 45.9477

Root Dia: 41.6386

Tooth Profile: Detailed-Straight

Face Width: 6.9mm

Helix Angle: 0

Hole Diameter: 0

My drawings are always set up for Millimeters.

Failing that, maybe this needs to be added to the "Wish List" or "Bug Report" to include a fully functional version of the Gear Tool to include ALL standards available in the world of pinions, gears, spurs, internal gears, ratchets, pawls, bevels, worms, racks, pitch(8,10,12,16,20,24,32,64,72/Mod1, 0.4, 0.5, 0.8, 1.5, 2,3, 4, the list goes on with imperial, inch . . .), etc. etc. so that when one chooses a pitch say Mod1 and a number of teeth, 44 with the face width and bore the model that is created matches those that one finds in any "?&$" gears catalogue.

Thanx for any light you may be able to shed on this dilemma i find myself in, Tom.

One thing i ought to point out Tom, is that i have already in the past, tried to create Mod1 pitch pinions[seeing as there is an uneditable line in the OIP:- Module(mm) i though i may as well have a go at it] but instead of offering the same "Module(mm) 1.00" this new pinion has been created as "Module(mm) 0.95", which i do not need, that is if the "Module" in the OIP refers to the Mod1 standards i am expecting.

How on earth can i edit this aspect of the pinion in the OIP so all the gears mesh correctly?

32 and 64 Pitch gears are also still required, by the way.

Edited by AndiACD
  • 3 months later...