Tutoring & Distributing

Ken

This question is for general discussion. It's not technical.

I've been producing a lot of work using Vectorworks that gets passed to other Vectorworks users and Autocad users. My VW clients/consultants are often not aware of the full power of the application, and I've recommended many resources, including books, third-party add-ons and Internet discussions. My Autocad people are often impressed enough with the layer management and compactness of the drawings that they want to get a copy of VW "just to see what it can do." I've helped sell at least two seats of VW this year.

Now, I haven't given a second thought on providing VW tutoring part time or selling 3rd party add-ons or the NNA applications as a licensed distributor. But it comes up often enough to make me think about it.

What possibilities and potential are some of you pros exploring and realizing along these avenues? Do I need official "credentials" of some kind to have an impact -- and not waste my time that would otherwise be taken away from daily projects?

How about distributing VW as a licensee? If NNA reps can respond, who at NNA do I talk to about becoming an official reseller? And what are the stats and incentives for doing so? Are there any benefits to an individual user like myself if I could sell only one or two new seats per month?

I will also post this in the email group. Private replies are welcomed.

------------------

Kenneth

Kenneth:

If you're interested in becoming a trainer or re-seller we have an applications that you can fill out. At the volume your talking about you would still have to keep you day job, but could easily earn a few hundred units of you sold single units, but that number could easily multiply if you were able to sell into a few larger firms.

Send me your fax number and I send over the Dealer and Trainer Applications.

------------------

Dan Monaghan

Marketing Director

Nemetschek North Ameria

419-290-5114

dan@nemetschek.net