creating/inserting skylite

I am trying to insert a skylite into a roof face (not a multi-face roof object) but VW won't let me. I am using a plug-in object window from the resource browser. according to the VW help manual, you can use plug-in window symbols to create a skylite (as long as you delete the 2D components within the symbol). Does this method for creating skylites only work when you use the roof object, ie: don't create the roof face by face?

Does anyone have any work-arounds for inserting skylites into a roof face? A 3d cutout probably won't be sufficient because the scene will be rendered.

Thanks in advance,

Skylights cannot be inserted in roof faces like they can in roof objects. To add a skylight to a roof face, you'll have to edit the roof base geometry(go to Modify > Edit group) and clip a hole out of the roof face geometry. When exiting the group, position the skylight over the newly cut hole and rotate the skylight to match the pitch of the roof face.