Creating a sink

Have a problem here. Im trying to make an oval sink but don't know how.

The process that i've tried was to take an oval, "create a surface from curves", change the U and V degrees to equal 2, select the point in the center and drop the z value down below the rim.

Now when i do this, the point im dropping down seems to drag the rim of the oval down with it, which is not what i want. I need the original shape of the oval and a curve downward towards the center. Hence an oval sink.

Any help would be greatly appreciated [smile]

I also used another process of making a box, creating a sphere and then subtracting half the sphere from the box to create a circular sink, but im looking for an oval sink, so im stuck.

[ 04-14-2003, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Stefan ]

I'm not sure this is exactly what you want, but I've cut an oval for a sink from an extruded rectangle counter in the following way:

create a sphere

convert to mesh (under model menu)

asymetric scale (under tool menu) whatever scaling factor will give you the proportions you want

move your extruded rectangle to the position you want to cut from

subtract solids (under model menu)

Thank you for that Kristin.

From your process i came up with making the outside oval of the sink, then cutting it in half. Then i make the inside oval of the sink, and subtracted that from the previous half oval i made.

In any case, ive got it now. Thanks again.