Uninstall 12.5.2?

Sorry if this has been addressed before - can/should I uninstall VW 12.5.2 before I install 2008? The installation ReadMe states:

"VectorWorks 2008 installs in a separate directory from previous VectorWorks when installing from the DVD. If you specify an existing installation when installing, VectorWorks files in that location will be overwritten as appropriate to accomplish the addition of a new module or an online update. While files in this location rarely should be modified by the user, you should make sure your files are backed up before re-installing over an existing VectorWorks."

Does this mean that after installing the Upgrade, I will then have two versions of VW on my machine?

ps - The upgrade package I received is for Windows, and I'm on Mac. I've sent an email to my account rep about being issued a Mac serial number, but have yet to hear back. Could someone at NNA expedite this for me, or do I need make a telephone call?

You don't have to have VW 12 (or the latest version of it) to install VW 2008.

VW 2008 is a totally separate program from VW 12.

If you do leave VW 12 on your computer, you will have two versions of VW.

You can remove it if you want, but most people find they like to keep it for a few months just in case they need to go back to it for something specific.

Email me your serial number (VW 2008) as well as your company and phone number. I'll send it up the ladder.