reshape an extrude

Petra

I am trying to reshape an extrude with the 3D reshape tool but it just wants to change the extrusion. I want to drag in a corner amd that is what the picture of the 3D reshape tools does, but it doesnt work for me. Is therre anyone who knows what to do?

Different ways to approach--one method would be Modify>Convert to Mesh, then with Mesh object NOT selected, use the marquee select to pick a vertex (or more) and drag away. Should look just like the palette icon...;-)

Read in the manuals re: 3D Modeling, could use NURBS, Loft Surface, etc. depending on what the goal is.

If you want to change the shape of the extrude (not it's height), double click on it to enter "Edit Group" mode. This will show the 2d shape that describes the extrude. Double click this object, select "Move: Vertex only" in the OIP and you can move, add or change a vertex. Click "Done" & you will see the altered extrude.

George

Thankyou!

It was helpful with the mesh.. Someone gave the tip to change the extrude inside the 22D picture, but then I cannot see the rest of the things i want to fit it to.

I haved tried to read the books but didn?t find it. Am not using the program very often so I forget how it works...

So thanks the mesh system worked :-)

Petra

Thankyou for the help!

The method you described I know allready and it doesnt work when I want to fit the fom to other things. When moving in to the group I will only see the form I want to change. But I go the tip to convert to mesh and from there reshape it. It works good...

Thanks anyway for giving advise :-)

Petra