Tool and Menu Icons

Graphite Studios

Question

Perhaps I am missing something being a relatively new user to Vectorworks, but I'd like to have the option to create a tool palette (similar to 'constraints') for standard views - top/plan, front, right, etc. I know I can use keyboard shortcuts or pull-down menus, but the familiarity of a simple set of view icons seems like a logical option. It is a standard feature I have grown accustomed with in the various other 3D modeling apps I regularly use. Additionally, an undo/redo set of tool icons would be a nice option as well. These simple, 'industry standard' type options are typically part of every interface and would enhance the customization of the program. Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Thanks for the replies! I have used the Workspace Editor in the past to customize my workspace as well as create palettes of tools I frequently use. I will work on creating scripts to provide the functions I need. I was just wishing it could be a little easier, especially for commands/functions that already exist in VectorWorks.

Thanks again!