Sketch Style Editor

I've been having problems with the image preview in the sketch style editor while trying to tweak my settings. The partial elevation image in the editor does not update or seem to show the settings as the are adjusted. It always appears 'unstyled' with no sketch characteristics applied. However, the settings do change in my drawing and can be seen when I use the preview of the 'Hidden Line Render Settings' window. They simply do not show up in the editor image. This makes tweaking the settings 'hit and miss' at best. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Patrick

Hi Katie:

My video driver appears to be current (NVIDIA ForceWare Release 90, Version: 93.71, Release Date: November 2, 2006) having recently updated it. Rolling back my driver does not make any difference for this issue. I believe the sketch style editor image preview was working previously in VW12.0. I have the same issue using my ATI Radeon 9600 card so it doesn't appear to be a driver issue.

I am editing an existing resource. For example, 'rough'... the control bars seem to be located at various levels appropriate for wobble, stroke, randomness, etc., but the image doesn't reflect these settings. Additionally, when I move these settings, no changes are apparent in the preview image. The changes only appear after I exit out of the sketch style editor dialogue. It doesn't seem to make a difference whether I am editing an existing resource or creating a new one.

A couple of added comments... I also have the most recent updates for Quicktime and DirectX. I should also note my license is currently VW Architect without RenderWorks (I have just purchased the license for this as well and should be receiving it shortly). I am not sure if any of these conditions make a difference or not in my particular case.

Those shouldn't be a factor in this issue. However, when you get your new license with RenderWorks, you'll have to uninstall and reinstall to get the RW components.

I was going to suggest you uninstall and reinstall anyways - it may be the perfect time to do so once the new license arrives.