Can't "place plant" or use "plant data"

Socram

Relatively new user of landmark. Am working on a project and have lost the ability to place plants. When I click the place plants tool, the Set Default Plant Tool Options dialog box opens and I can edit the current plant. If I click ok, the plant toolbar does not appear (the tool bar with the settings for plant placement), and I am in the same mode that I was before the dialog box came up. Furthermore when editing plants, I can click on plant data, select a plant from the list, but after i click ok, it doesn't stick - it doesn't make its way into my plant definition.

If I open a new/blank document, I can do these things. Is there something corrupt in my file or something?

thanks-

marcos

I have had the same thing happen to me a few times. I usually reboot VW and my computer. I use Plant Symbols I have collected or drawn myself and sometimes I have found if I change the symbol things get back to normal. Also try saving the file with another name and resuming.

Good luck

Actually, I've tried rebooting both VW and my computer (i have a mac, FYI). I'm fairly new to VW so haven't strayed into the plant symbols area yet (that i know at least). And did try saving to another file name. My next option is to try copy/pasting things into a new file.

If that doesn't do anything I'll send the file on to the tech email.