Lightwright Automated Actions

CSC_LD

First thing I'd do would be to get rid of any existing automated VW into LW files that LW saved.

I would then re-do a successful import, going thru all the steps manually, paying attention to the comments in the manual about importing first record, noting that the "-" character means a blank field in VW, etc..

Do the import manually at least once, without recording the automatic actions, making sure it works, then do it again, this time allowing LW to record the operation. I call mine the "VW to LW" function.

LW should dump this file in an automated folder and you should be able to recall it in LW under File - Automated.

SB

As a follow up

Also known as - It's Sunday AM the coffee hadn't yet taken effect and my brain just went "Wait a minute - what's this LW 4.08 ?, my version is 4.07".

I usually get the e-mail from John M about updates, must have missed this one. Went and downloaded the bugfix, ran it and then did a LW into VW test.

All works fine here, so I'm not sure that 4.08 vs. 4.07 is an issue. My LW export automated function worked fine as well as my automated import map in VW.

To back track, have you done successful file transfers prior ?, and what's different now (besides 4.08). Note that there's a VW 11.5 now as well.

SB