Advise on slow drawings

When I am panning around or zooming in my drawing it takes a very long time for each individual object to redraw. We're talking a simple one zoom out or a couple feet pan to the left. Is there any setting I can adjust to speed this up? All my files are simply line objects with either a pattern or hatch on about half of the objects.

Can you also give details of the machine you are running it on.

Such things are processor, amount of ram, video card type and memory.

I'm not saying this is so in your case but in the early days as my drawings grew the speed of redraw moving things around became painfully slow.

The answer in my circumstance was a simple one, to update my aging computer. As I said this may not be so in your case.

To try to help its very much a process of elimination and without further information to go on its difficult to give advise as to what may be the cause.

Good luck with it anyway, I'm sure between the excellent knowledge base, staff of NNA and the users on this forum we should be able to help in some way.

Alan

Let's start with updating the video driver

Right click on the desktop and select Properties

Under the Settings tab, click on Advanced

Click on the Adapter tab

Look at the adapter type

Go to that manuf. website and download the latest driver.

The manuf. will be something like NVIDIA or ATI.

If you have problems, please contact Tech Support at tech@nemetschek.net or 410-290-5114