WS commands

hey,

I'm calculating my building with a worksheet, and it's working wel, but when i insert a row, I must adapt all my formulas!. Now that's not such a big problem because i can use the function database(). I know that c stands for clas and n for name etc. but what if i want to get all the walls with a certain wallstyle? does someone know this?

someonenamedlink,

In the spreadsheet menus there is a function under the formulas which collects the names of each wall style. e.g. "wallstylename"

If you set the database criteria to collect all the walls on say, a particular layer, and use the various math functions such as 'wallarea_net' to figure the 'wallstylename' areas of each wall.

Example: If I set the database criteria to Layer = mod-Floor plan 1 and Type = wall

Then in column 1 I placed the function =wallstylename and in column 2 I placed =wallarea_net . The result would be a list of wall styles in column 1 and a list of their net areas in column 2.

Does this help you out?

BCB Architect, USA

That's not what i mean. I know how the make a database row. but there is also a function in the ws named database(). with this function you can select all objects with a criterea and then do something with them on one cell. like database(c='gevel') gives all objects of the class 'gevel'. and then you can do something with them. but I can make it work like i want ot. I want to select all those walls of that class that has a certain thickness and a certain wall style