mirror tool hell

after having STRANGE BEHAVIOURS and moving rulers, i finally have a lighting plot.

now to focus it. i place a focus point wih i.d. . chose a lamp, chose focus lamp, i.d. the focus point and select draw beam.surprise! the beam does not intersect the focus point but is "x" feet off to stage left ( "y" is good). i try several others and my record is 3 intersects for 5 tries.what gives?

what is the common factor here? the beams that do not hit the focus points are from the lamps that i duplicated and mirrored on the same position from stage right to stage left of center. i proceeded to delete and reinsert one of the lamps on stage left and re-input the data. wonders of wonders, it now draws it 's beam to the focus point.why?

clue 1: a duplicated and mirrored lamp(symbol) points in the right way but is reported as beeing rotated -180 deg in the OIP.

clue 2: is you move from mac os 9.2.2 to 10.1.5 and reopen your file , you will find that the text label for the dup. and mir. lamp is reversed.just visiting the edit layout of the label manager will correct that.

clue 3: you cannot replace a mirrored and duplicated lamp by the same symbol using "replace by active symbol". proof:it stays rotated -180 deg.

so were do i go from here. either i'm ed or my file is or my machine is or the tool is! it would be nice if you users would try to duplicate this behaviour or lack of and report it.from the techboard, i would appreciate a comment or two, a graemlin would do in a pinch