creating a lighting instrument

i swear i read the book this time.i made the 2d and 3d objects, i created the hybrid symbol and checked that it did display in 2d and 3d, and it did. [Wink] mind you it would of saved time if the graphical representation of how to make a 3d showed the right hand half of the object to be seeped and not the left side, but i did learn something new in the vw bible so... [big Grin] anyway, i converted my symbol to a lightning ins. and then went to page a3 of the spotlight book to see about attaching a light info record.did it by the book, until i hit the instruction" 2- select the new symbol, and select organize>edit symbol" [Eek!][Confused] its funny but in 10.1.0 i don't have that menu "edit symbol" did i miss something here? when to the nna tech board and checked out the topics and their was a solution. great [Razz] that sums up about 8 hours of time i have spend on a detail and idid read the book ! is there light at the end of the ...

If you have the symbol selected in the drawing, under the organize menu should be Edit Symbol.

It's the ninth option in the list.

Do you not see it?

I appreciate you taking the time to read the book, honestly. It makes things easier on this end!