renderworks issues

hi, i'm running spotlight 9.5 on a pc. i've created a 3d model of one of our theatres in autocad, and have moved it into vectorworks to add light to it.

the instruments are in the proper place and have focus points and color.

i'm following all the directions about adding gobo projectors to the lights, and changing the custom renderworks options. however, when i go to actually render, all the furniture on my set is black. am i missing something intrinsic?

confused.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by ekissam:
i'm following all the directions about adding gobo projectors to the lights, and changing the custom renderworks options. however, when i go to actually render, all the furniture on my set is black. am i missing something intrinsic?

Your furniture is most likely on a different layer from the light source. Lights are basically layer specific so they'll only cast light on objects in the same layer. In order to see your whole model all together you'll want to create a layer link of the appropriate layer. Check out chapter 3 pg 13 of the VectorWorks 9.x manual for information on creating and using layer links.

HTH