Label Legend Issue

quote:

Originally posted by lalcaraz:
I have a plot with about 5 Label Legends and everything is working fine

When I go to a few different lights with the same label legend and try to move specific info, like color and template, they do not move. <SNIP>Lonnie

Okay couple of things to try. Make sure your snap grid isn't preventing the move. If it is set to 6" and you move the label 2" to the right it will snap back to where it was.

The other thing to try is to change your dimension precision in the units dialog. There is a bug that I haven't been able to work out that seems to be related to this. Make sure you have at least 3 decimal places in the rounding dialog. (if you're using fractional rounding then set it to 1/8 or smaller) This may be layer scale dependant so you might try going for virtually un-rounded values and then working back.

Let me know if either of these solve your problem.

I have a plot with about 5 Label Legends and everything is working fine

When I go to a few different lights with the same label legend and try to move specific info, like color and template, they do not move. I can move them on other lights with the same label legends but for some reason on those few lights I cannot change the location of specific info

Also, in that same label legend, when I try to reposition the Purpose field in the Label Legend Manager, it does not move. I have tried moving it completely away from the light but to no effect. I have tried going into Choose Fields and removing it, so that I could put it back but when I do the 'Unit Number' moves to the place that the 'Purpose' was and it will not longer move.

Then if I put purpose back in, the unit number moves back to its original location and is movable but Purpose is back where it was and will not be moved

Thanks

Lonnie

quote:

Originally posted by lalcaraz:
Kevin

Neither of these things are the case. Also, and possibly most impportantly it works everywhere else in the same drawing.

Thanks

Lonnie

Select one of the "afflicted" instruments and scroll the object info palette all the way down to the bottom. Select the contents of the do not edit field and clear it out. The instrument will automatically re-create new values for this field. This may help to unlock your labels.