3D Layher view/vanishing-point problem

*Claes

I'm trying to get a rendering from a drawing. There's too much truss in it to render ('increase partition size' while the application uses 210 Mb) so I put that in another layer. In between the trusses there are towers (scaffolding). When I make a nice 3D view in orthogonal, it's ok. Align layer views works fine. But when I set the view to perspective, the two layers go to different vanishing-points. The 2 layers have the same Delta height and height (0), experimenting with that did not help. I replaced the venue dwg with a large flat extrude.

Suggestions anyone? (I'm using v9.01)

• 3 weeks later...

Is this a completely known problem or am I missing something? I've got a lot of rendering problems with 9.01. In Open GL rendering only one layer will show. With a lot of fixtures, rendering is impossible in shaded polygon with multiple layers. To render some kind of 3D view, I can turn the light-fixtures class off. But then I'm still stuck with this weird vanishing-point problem!

Has anyone experienced this ?!

quote:

Originally posted by *Claes:
Is this a completely known problem or am I missing something? I've got a lot of rendering problems with 9.01. In Open GL rendering only one layer will show. With a lot of fixtures, <SNIP>Has anyone experienced this ?!

Renderworks / OpenGL only renders a single layer in the document. In order to see multiple layers in a rendered view you'll need to create a new layer and create a layer link to link the appropriate layers together into a single "Model" layer which you can then light and render.

Layer linking is discussed on page 3-13 of the VW users guide.

HTH

Thanks for your answer - layer linking I have used before, but the problem is I can't send these complete drawings to clients because the linked view takes to much time to render...so I put a bitmap of my rendering (screenshot) next to the top/plan view as a 'fake' linked layer.

This doesn't help my biggest problem though- the vanishing point thing. It's only in some drawings, but I don't know what causes it. Normally you're able to render things in different layers at the same time- with shaded polygon, and a correct vanishing point...