UCS System

Cam Halkier

Question

Guys we have just started working with V11 and like many of its features (text control, viewports, notation to name a few) however I personally cannot stress enough how important a UCS system is to our office and I am assuming many others. The work arounds that we have to go through on some of the projects that we have in order to draw angular is really time consuming and at best somewhat inaccurate. I realize that we can rotate the page grid but this is really a pretty elementary solution to the problem as much of the speed of working with vectorworks is lost through this work around. Perhaps the next release will provide this much needed capability.

1 answer to this question

Viewports was number one on my list of must haves. The next was 2D Working Planes (UCS). The bizarre thing is that VW has 3D Working Planes....just not 2D ones.

Like you...this is a major bugbear for me

I don't think we'll get 2D Planes in any 11.x release...but it must be the headline feature of 11.5 or 12.

[ 05-17-2004, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Chris D ]