Numbering power components

Hello,

I'm currently trying to model the power system in my theater. I'm not concerned with the power load, I just need to connect the fixtures to the breakouts. I want to be able to see where existing fixtures are plugged in and where there are empty stagepin dimmer outputs.

Each of the breakouts have 4 dimming stagepin plus, all on one circuit, 1 hot stagepin and 2 hot Edison. Just trying to figure out the best way to place all the breakouts, number them, and connect them to the fixtures. I can go through and change the component names in the distributor to match the dimmer numbers, but it seems like I would have to create a new distributor object each time.

I've also considered making the component names A,B,C,D,E stagepin, E Edison 1, and E Edison 2; Then the distributor object ID (easy to change), would read like [A=10, B=11, C=12, D=13, E= ND137].

The last question I have on this is if there is an easy way (once numbered appropriately) to connect all the fixtures to the distributors without having to go through and select power input/output for each one? The fixtures all have dimmer numbers put in so I feel like there should be a better way.

Would appreciate any help/advice!

• 2 weeks later...

Updates:

I created 2 distributor symbols with just a power out component, one of them stagepin and one Edison. Each dimmer output is then a separate distributor object. They are placed in 3 classes: dimmers, hot stagepin, and hot Edison. I've uploaded a photo. If people have any suggestions I would still love to hear them.

Pros:

- Connecting the distributor to the light fixture is fairly easy. I can click on the distributor object titled Dimmer 55 and then in the power information output dropdown select the channel I want to connect it to. From the fixture side it is also easy since each of the dimmers come up separately with a short name.

- The black dot at cable start covers the symbol icon, which easily indicates if the dimmer is taken or not.

Cons/Difficulties:

- Had to place a lot of distributor objects and number them individually even though each breakout is the same.

- Had to manually connect each distributor to the lighting fixture despite the fixture having a dimmer number parameter and the distributor object being named as the dimmer number.

- The circuit name parameter in each lighting fixture is automatically updated to be the distributor name. In a worksheet this allows for double checking that it matches the dimmer number parameter. However it is one sided -- if I edit the circuit name in a worksheet it does not reconnect it to the new distributor.

- No easy way to automatically connect fixtures to closest available dimmer? At least not as far as I have found

Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 1.53.43 PM.png