Separate PDF publishing process from Renderworks process

SLFY

Question

Occasionally I find myself working on one project where I have started to update viewport rendering, and then found I need to make some changes to either different pages in that project or a second project. I tend to forget to stop the rendering viewports before I go to publish other pages which are typically wireframe 2D drawings that do not require renderworks. 

While viewports are rendering somewhere, even a different file, the publish process will pause and wait. At this point I am stuck. I can't stop the publishing, and I can't switch to the file or pages to stop rendering. If it is something urgent, my only recourse is to use the task manager to stop Vectoworks, and hopeI saved everything ahead of time, or plan on using backup files.

It would be wonderful to be able to be able to do both at the same time, or at a minimum have an available "switch" to pause or even stop the rendering that is going on in the background. 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet