Updating from Lightwright

lalcaraz

I am currently working on a plt where I successfully exported information to and from Lightwright about 6 times but then the 7th time, VW says that some lights have not been updated and they are selected

The entire plot is then selected and nothing is updated

Also, another problem that is probably related, is when I grab a pipe full of lights and attempt to Renumber, it will only let me do it manually, when before it worked fine

Finally, if I select a group of lights to Align, after I start to draw the line to align them to, I get the error "make a selection of objects before using this tool"

The lights appear to be selected but the program cannot see them

I would love to send this drawing to you, so that you can look at it

Thanks

Lonnie

There is a misprint in the Spotlight Users Guide under Importing Lightwright data into Spotlight on page D-7. It says to select the Import First Record Checkbox under number 2. This is a typo. It should say "Do NOT select Import First Record".

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have served.

--------------------

Katie

I already knew about that but given that I was able to export and import multiple times successfully, that cannot be the cause.

Given the other problems with aligning and renumbering, I think something else has happened

I would love to email this file to someone and have them look at it

Thanks

Lonnie

quote:

Originally posted by lalcaraz:
Katie

I already knew about that but given that I was able to export and import multiple times successfully, that cannot be the cause.

Given the other problems with aligning and renumbering, I think something else has happened

I would love to email this file to someone and have them look at it

Thanks

Lonnie

You can e-mail your Lightwright and SpotLight files to me at kmoore@nemetschek.net. I recommend that you either zip or stuff the files to make sure they don't get mangled en-route.