WidgetButtonResourcePopup

Hi All

I'm trying to add a resource selector to a Event enabled, custom Widget enabled PIO, that will allow the user to select a texture. I'm using the kWidgetButtonResourcePopup (107) widget type.

I can insert the ResourcePopup into the OIP fine (SS Below), however when clicked I'm not getting any button ID passed to kObjOnObjectUIButtonHit (35).

image.png.3424f21394a1f5c7e591e34d2de7db8a.png

I added a generic test button to make sure it wasn't something else and that successfully passes the Button ID to the kObjOnObjectUIButtonHit event. Is there possibly a different event type I need to look for? Or is there a setting I need to enable?

I'm aware I need to use vsoButtonGetResource() to handle the Resource browser, which brings me onto my next question, according to https://developer.vectorworks.net/index.php?title=VS:vsoButtonGetResource the "Parameter name is a string that will receive the resource name" however this appears to be a param I pass to the function and, certainly according to the docs atleast, it will only return a bool. How am I meant to extract the Param string?

Relevant code below! Thanks in Advance!

kWidgetButtonResourcePopup = 107

def execute():
    global PIO,localized_True_bool

GetImageButton_ID = 1001

theEvent, eventMessage = None, None
    theEvent, eventMessage = vs.vsoGetEventInfo(theEvent, eventMessage)
    if theEvent == tb.Constants.kObjOnInitXProperties:  # If the event is the initilisation of object propeties

# Enable custom shape pane
        ok = vs.SetObjPropVS(tb.Constants.kObjXPropHasUIOverride, True)  # Enables customisation fo widgets
        ok = vs.SetObjPropVS(tb.Constants.kObjXHasCustomWidgetVisibilities,
                             True)  # allows PIO to control the widget state in OIP
        ok = vs.SetObjPropVS(tb.Constants.kObjXPropPreference, True)  # Enables preferences menu for PIO

vs.SetPrefInt(tb.Constants.kParametricEnableStateEventing, 1);
        ok = vs.SetObjPropVS(tb.Constants.kObjXPropAcceptStates, True);

ok = vs.vsoInsertAllParams()  # Inserts all Parameters into OIP
        bool = vs.vsoAddWidget(GetImageButton_ID,kWidgetButtonResourcePopup,'Select Image')  # Adds Select Image Button
        bool = vs.vsoAppendWidget(tb.widgetTypes.WidgetButton,1234,'Test', 0)

elif theEvent == tb.Constants.kObjOnWidgetPrep:  # If event is widget Prep

tb.WidgetGenericPrep()  # Sends message that all widget prep has been completed

elif theEvent == tb.Constants.kObjOnObjectUIButtonHit:
        vs.AlrtDialog(eventMessage)
        if eventMessage == GetImageButton_ID:
            vs.vsoButtonGetResource(GetImageButton_ID, 97, 0, 0)
    elif theEvent == tb.Constants.kObjOnAddState:
      GenericGetStateChange(eventMessage)
    elif theEvent == tb.Constants.kObjXPropPreference:
        MakePropDialog()
    elif theEvent == tb.Constants.kResetEventID:  # If the event is a object reset
        start_unit_index = tb.SetUnitsToMM()  # Gets Current Units, and sets units to MM
        init()

vs.Units(start_unit_index)  # Resets Units

vs.vsoStateClear(PIO.PIHan)

• 3 weeks later...