Attribute Info

lalcaraz

I am working on a light plot and I realized that some of the lighting information was not on the class that I wanted it on.

The info was some on some units where the Symbol was on the correct class but the Channel, Unit, Color and Template was on the wrong class.

When I changed it to the correct class, it disappears. I tried turning on all classes and layers but it is still gone.

Also, now when I try to move any lighting infor, like a template that is running into another lights info, it disapears.

Before I redid the classes, I could move that information easily but now, no matter which light I select, I cannot move the info.

Finally, doing the above action made the Label Legends disapear.

THIS PLOT IS DUE AT THE END OF THE WEEK. PLEASE GIVE ME A FIX FOR THIS

Thanks

I am replying to my own posting as I discovered some new info and have narrowed the problem.

The reason that the information was disapearing was because the Label Legends had disappeared.

I imported the 4 Label Legends from an older version of the drawing and all the information was displayed again.

So, now the problem is, is that this is the 2nd time while working on this plot and editing Label Legend Info (ie. Color, Template, Unit or Channel) that the Label Legends themselves has removed themselves from the drawing.

I have fixed the problem twice by importing them from an older version of the drawing but that is not to say that this is not a bug.

Please let me know if you have any info on this

Thank you

Lonnie

quote:

Originally posted by lalcaraz:

So, now the problem is, is that this is the 2nd time while working on this plot and editing Label Legend Info (ie. Color, Template, Unit or Channel) that the Label Legends themselves has removed themselves from the drawing.

I won't say it is impossible, but it is highly inconceivable that SpotLight is deleting the label legends. Once the legends are created the only thing that edits them is the label legend manager and you the user. Everything else performs read-only operations to get information out of the legend. Could you please answer as many of the following questions as you can so I can narrow down exactly what "diappear" means.

Are the actual label legend symbols no longer in the document or do they just not appear in the label legend manager?

Have you renamed the label legends symbol folder?

Have you used the "purge resources" command? (This will expunge all of the label legends)

Have you deleted or re-named the label legend record format?

Do the legends appear in the label legend manager but if you try to edit layout they are empty?

What are your class visiblity options set to?

Are your label classes turned on?

TIA

REFER TO CA[s BELOS FOR ANSWERS:

Are the actual label legend symbols no longer in the document or do they just not appear in the label legend manager?THEY JUST DO NOT APPEAR IN THE LABEL LEGEND MANAGER. HOWEVER, IF I REFRESH UNITS, THEY DISAPEAR ON THE DRAWING AS WELL

Have you renamed the label legends symbol folder?NO

Have you used the "purge resources" command? (This will expunge all of the label legends)I MIGHT OF. PURGE WILL EXPUNGE LABEL LEGENDS EVEN IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY USING THEM?

Have you deleted or re-named the label legend record format?NO

Do the legends appear in the label legend manager but if you try to edit layout they are empty?NO, THEY ARE NOT IN THE LABEL LEGENDS MANAGER AT ALL.

What are your class visiblity options set to?ALL CLASSES THAT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH LIGHTIG ARE ON

Are your label classes turned on?YES

I HOPE THAT HELPS

LONNIE

Kevin

I starting thinking about one of your comments after I responded to your last note and I tried it.

You asked if I had purged. I went back into the drawing and Purged and the Label Legends disapeared from the label legend manager.

Why does this happen. I would understand if I was not using the Label Legends but I am using them in the drawing, so why would the disapear from the Legend Manager.

This makes purging useless.

Please let me know

Thanks

Lonnie