push/pull

ddcpe

I have created a simple rectangle and extruded it to make small column like object.  I have copied it and moved it around so now there are many of the same object.  I was going about using the P/P tool to stretch a face to meet another object.  I have my view set to one of the iso views and chose the push/pull tool go to the face I was to stretch and on some of the identical objects they will highlight and others wont.  They are all identical copies, same DL, same class, all on.  If I first select the object then the tool will work.  Why do some of the objects have to be selected first and others can be directly manipulated without selecting?  I've restarted the app and closed and reopened the file but nothing stops this weird behavior.  Any clue why?

shed model 10-16-23.vwx

Edited by ddcpe
forgot file

I was just working with the file.  From the right rear iso view you can see the top of one of the green extrudes (furthest to the left.  If I activate the PP tool and hover over that top face it will not highlight now matter how I look at it.  I then selected it and drug a couple copies out to the left.  If I activate the PP tool and go over the same face it highlights.  Its almost like there is a screen on the face of the wall that stops the face being selected.  I've never encountered this before.