Cavity Walls: Creation & Joining

CEA

Question

The existing wall tools have a few limitations for me.

1. Cavity Walls: It would be very helpful if it were possible to assign individual cavities, and their associated lines and hatches to a class that is different from the class of the wall's perimeter lines. I have classes set up for wall details (brick veneer, etc.) that are turned on for architectural plans but are turned off for structural plans, electrical plans and other plans. This allows me to show more detail in the architectural plan than in structural or MEP plans. This is a typical architectural convention, and it would be very useful if the cavity wall tools allowed the interior cavities to be turned on or off.

2. Joining cavity walls is frustrating in every cad program I have used. Would it be possible to design a tool that would function like the new Connect/Combine tool, but would allow the user to join individual lines in cavity walls? As an example, the user could click on one line of a cavity wall and then indicate a line from a second cavity wall, and the two lines would be joined. The user would then join each line individually to create the desired intersections. It seems this would be useful for conditions that do not join correctly using the existing wall join tools. The existing tools often do not function well when joining cavity walls of differing types and wall thicknesses.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet