Symbols/Light Position and None Class

lalcaraz

I have created a Lighting position from a symbol.I created the Symbol on my "Light Pipes" classI created the Lighting Position while in my "Light Pipes" classWhen I select the position, it shows it as on the "Light Pipes" class

However, if I try to 'Gray Other'or 'Active Only' classes, it Grays the Lighting Position as well or causes it to disappear.

No matter what I do I cannot get it to behave like it is actually on the Light Pipe Class

I discovered that if I turn off all classes except the Light Pipes Class and the None Class that I get what I want.

Why when creating symbols does it associate them with the None Class and how can I fix it

Any ideas?

Thanks

Lonnie

quote:

Originally posted by lalcaraz:
I have created a Lighting position from a symbol.I created the Symbol on my "Light Pipes" classI created the Lighting Position while in my "Light Pipes" classWhen I select the position, it shows it as on the "Light Pipes" class

However, if I try to 'Gray Other'or 'Active Only' classes, it Grays the Lighting Position as well or causes it to disappear.

I believe the problem is that the the "stuff" you used to draw the lighting position may not be in the "Light Pipes" class and may be in the none class. When you select the lighting position and set its class you're setting the class for the container and not necessarily for all the objects in the container.

To fix this you should be able to edit your position symbol and select everything and change the class to "Light Pipes"

HTH