Some basic frustrations

I've been VW-ing for over 20 years. A couple things have gotten steadily more annoying recently. Maybe it's me, not keeping up with the latest methods?

--I notice that roof surfaces often disappear in wireframe modes (i.e., other than Top/Plan). Sometimes zooming in or out will make them briefly appear, sometimes not. I can select them and they highlight, but disappear as soon as I try to do something else, like draw.

--Roof surfaces won't accept class line weights or viewport overrides in line-rendered modes.

--While editing roof surfaces or floor objects, the 2D drawing environment often glitches into a different working plane, making snapping to other geometry impossible, and objects that are drawn are shifted many feet from the cursor location.

--Cursor-then-paste doesn't place 3D objects at the cursor point, but often some off-the-page location.

I thought these were graphic issues due to driving an old MacPro 2009, but having gotten one of Apple's latest with a VW-compatible graphics card, etc., I'm guessing it's something else!

-Chad

VWA2022

2019 iMac, OS13.4.1

Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 G

Oooh, and one other 'amusing' feature:

I often use symbols for complex door or window assemblies, things that can't be done with a simple door or window object.

When multiple door objects are within a symbol - say a a cased opening to report the overall size of the door to the schedule and inside the cased opening maybe a couple of sliders stacked to show a multi-slide effect, with maybe a lintel and some 3d loci at the corners, the contents of the symbol can self-replicate many times - sometimes 8 or 90 copies of each individual component. Why?