Production draftsman available for freelance and/or part time work

Mike_M

My name is Mike and I’m excited about finding some freelance nd/or part-time drafting with Vectorworks. I’ve been a carpenter/custom fabricator in various fields for over 15 years. The past 8 of which have been spent in the theatrical and entertainment industries. For the past year I’ve been working with Vectorworks to design and draft floor layouts, sets, scenery, and props for production. This has included drafting, plotting, and running cuts for a 5’x10’ 3 axis CNC machine.

Most of my work has been focused on drafting up design concepts for fabrication on a shop floor. This has included creating estimated cost sheets, BOM’s and researching/ordering materials. I’ve taken a lot of pride in creating 3D renderings for clients along with 2D/Isometric drawings for the shop that simplify the building process and are easy to interpret. My own experience in construction, carpentry, and welding grants me a strong ability to draft projects while keeping the actual fabrication process in mind. As my skill sets evolve, I’ve been learning more about the lighting and cabling capabilities of Spotlight.

While my most recent experiences have pertained to entertainment, I have been utilizing Vectorworks to design/draft decks, cabinetry, and custom millwork.

I’m open to discussing any opportunities. Please reach out for a resume, a portfolio, and any questions you might have.

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...