Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Simple Network, Not Working - Create a new texture and apply a bitmap in the colour channel...

With a bit of digging, and trying to wrap my head around the inner workings of shaders, it seems the required VS doesn't exist. Oh, and my approach above was completely wrong! Trying to pull an image directly from the library browser falls over for to a type mismatch. The browser bitmap is classed as an image fill, and the node is expecting a texture bitmap.

My ideal scenario for this test would have been to create the shader record as above, get a handle to an image file by referencing the name as above, then convert the image into a texture bitmap and then apply it using the Set TexBmp node. 

For any other noobs messing around with the shaders, I needed to drop on a Create Bitmap Texture node which invokes VS.CreateTextureBitmapN, which in turn opens a dialog box for choosing an image.

It seems some old VS may have had the ability to do this, but they aren't working for me in 2023 (string to name, bitmap to paint, paint to bitmap texture, then set texture bitmap).