Class Visibility in Viewports

Gorf

Question

Ive recently updated VW 11 to VW 11.5. When i open certain drawings now i get the following message:

"Visibilities of some classes in viewports may have changed. This is required to maintain the visibility of objects in annotation and crop. VPClassVisChanges.txt in the application folder provides a detailed list of classes that changed."

What i dont understand from this message is whether the class visibility was changed by the last person who used the drawing, or whether Vectorworks 11.5 automatically changes some classes for whatever reason when it opens up VW 11 files.

Basically until i hear otherwise the only way to check whats going on is to dig out the hard copies of these drawings and compare. Hopefully some of you guys can say what this all means.

2 answers to this question

This topic came up before and is discussed in the Gen Section of the message board.

(All tech support q's should be directed there. This section is for posts including Tech note suggestions or personal tech notes)

Basically what it means is that in VW 11.0.1, the class visibilities of viewports was controlled by the classes button of the VP AND the overall document classes.

With VW 11.5, if NONE class is invisible in the document classes dialog box, any objects assigned to the none class will still be visible as long as the class is visible in the VP.

The message is alerting you that you no longer have to rely on overall drawing class visibilities to control visibility and that some of the viewports may look different because of this - a class is not visible in the VP and therefore you don't see the objects. Whereas before, if the class was visible in the overall doc classes dialog box, it would still show in the VP.