problems with attributes between files

n b

Question

Previously if an object was copied from a file and pasted into another file its attributes were copied with it, if the class did not already exist. Also the class was created with the attributes. With v10.0.0 v10.0.1 and v10.1 this is no longer the case. The attributes are not carried into the file.

6 answers to this question

The object has to be a memeber of a class where that class name does not exist in the document to where you are pasting the object to, AND the class attributes for that class need to have "Use at Creation" checkmarked.

With this criteria, it works fine.

quote:

Originally posted by Katie:

The object has to be a memeber of a class where that class name does not exist in the document to where you are pasting the object to, AND the class attributes for that class need to have "Use at Creation" checkmarked.

With this criteria, it works fine.

the use at creation was checked. however although i can now get the line weights and colours to transfer any fills revert to none

quote:

Originally posted by Katie:

Do you have that class created in the new file you are pasting to?

What type of objects are you copying and pasting?

Are the 2d or 3d ?

no i don't have the classes already created in the class. copying all types of objects both 2d and 3d. though having said that i just tried to copy into file where the classes existed and it changed the class of some of the elements to none. this is not helpfull wastes lots of time.

i still fail to see why your customers are forced to test your application. i appreciate this is not your fault personally but i'm wasting a considerable amount of time correcting elements of the application which used to function.

I cannot duplicate the issues you have suggested before, which is why I waws asking you to try some things to clarify the exact steps taken.

Can you email me the file you are copying from and outline the items being copied and pasted so I can try it here and see if I get your results.

Please include a link to this page, the version of VW being used and the OS being used.

tech@nemetschek.net?subject=ATTN:Katie

[ 04-22-2003, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Katie ]