Improved Screen tool Lens options / Make PJLens parameter editable

karstenwolfGL

Question

I think there's room for improvement in the video screen tool, specifically in the PJLens parameter. Currently it's a drop down with an incomplete assortment of lens ranges with no reference to manufacturer or other lens specs (specifically missing any ultra short lensing). On smaller screens this list is too long to ever be useful. At 1080p you need to scroll to get to 'custom' at the bottom. 

I think a nice feature would be to have a manufacturer tag and a lens series tag somewhere in the projector model's symbol so that when you select a Christie M series, it only lists lenses which exist for that model. You could even work with manufacturers to get some of their lens calculator functionality to throw up errors when you're outside of the focus range, etc. You'd also have a check mark options to 'use generic lens' or 'enable manufacturer lens only'. 

Maybe even add support for mirror lensing?

Great. 

Second but related request, please make the PJlens list user editable within the plugin manager. I want to be able to add/remove so the list is just lensing that I use and THEN use the custom as needed. Right now my default workflow when I'm setting it to be based on lens instead of distance is to use custom after scrolling all then way at the bottom and skipping the list entirely.

Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 12.53.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 12.51.07 PM.png

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet