Hi there, VW - Marionette community,
As I switched jobs, I recently got introduced into Vectorworks and subsequently into Marionette, which I find very exciting. As an architect I have an Autocad background.
As a way of study, I am now trying to build a little tool with Marionette that will help me draw flow diagrams on top of (existing) plans (building, masterplans). Basically I need a quick and intuitive way to easily draw (smooth) polylines of different thicknesses and colours with custom (and choosable) arrowheads. The end result should feel as one surface
I already have a first step (attached file) by offsetting a polyline, adding auxiliary lines (for no specific reason right now), and circles for end and start.
List of features that this tool should have in order of priority:
- editable polyline (move, add/remove anchor points, bezier, straight, etc). The typical polyline tool functionality is key for editing
- apply infill to the polyline.
- add custom arrowhead at start, end or both.
- Pick color for infill
- possibility to add branches for sub flows
- probably some more down the road... 🙂
Some challenges I am encountering now:
- annoying line connecting 2 ends of the polyline
- even though I think I have a closed area (between thick black lines) I am not able to fill the area with a color
I hope I got you interested in my little project. I will try to post updates in this thread. I am not really seeking for help, as I am trying to figure this out, but of course any comments, similar examples or just pointing in some direction that might be helpful is always welcome and appreciated.
Arrow project 01.vwx