• Vectorworks 2024 Update 3 Available for Download - UPDATE 3.1

JuanP

Vectorworks, Inc. has released update 3.1 for the Vectorworks 2024 product line. This update includes quality improvements that enhance your everyday experience with Vectorworks 2024.

Important Enhancements

• Fixes the offset distance issue when inserting doors and windows
    • Improves speed when recalculating worksheets with space records
    • Restores launching Vectorworks Cloud Services from the Vectorworks application

For a full list of improvements in this update, please visit this page.

Installing the Update

This update is available as a downloadable updater for all U.S. English-based versions of Vectorworks 2024. To install the update, please select Check for Updates from the Vectorworks menu (Mac) or Help menu (Windows).

Please submit a support request in the customer portal if you have any technical questions or problems during this process.

--------------------------------------------------------

Vectorworks, Inc. has released its third update for the Vectorworks 2024 product line. This update includes the following quality improvements that enhance your everyday experience with Vectorworks 2024.

Important Enhancements

• General
      • Improves general stability.
      • Fixes the dimension, dimension area, and dimension volume parameters in data records for title block borders.
      • Restores Trim tool functionality.
    • Interoperability
      • Supports importing and exporting to Revit version 2024.
      • Optimizes DWG export for landscape area objects.
    • Design Suite and Architect
      • The Tools > Show or Hide Solibri Inside Palette command has been added to the Design Suite and Architect workspaces.
    • Landmark
      • New PlantMaster plugin available in the Install Partner Products palette
      • Users with a PlantMaster subscription can access an extensive plant library to select plants and send them to Vectorworks to populate a planting schedule. Users can then send the schedule back to PlantMaster to create plant reports and presentations with high quality graphics.
      • (After installation, PlantMaster displays in the Window > Palettes > Web Palettes menu.)
    • Spotlight
      • In files created in Vectorworks 2023 and opened in Vectorworks 2024, resolves an issue that caused Vectorworks to close when using the Cable Configuration dialog box to replace a cable.
      • Improves performance when inserting new trusses.
      • Correctly imports bridle part symbols.
      • On Windows, fixes an issue that caused the source column in the equipment list to appear blank.
      • Improved MVR export
        • Vectorworks now exports the following items:
        • Shutter positions and angles
        • Custom lights (exported using glTF geometry)
        • Color names assigned to lighting devices
        • Gobo images
        • GDTF fixture profiles selected from the data folder
        • Position names (even if the lighting positions do not exist)
        • Seating sections
      • Unsupported characters have been removed from exported file names.
      • Project sharing no longer requires you to check out objects when exporting to MVR.
      • Improved GDTF support
        • glTF is supported in GDTF files.
        • For lighting devices, GDTF geometry is shown when the Use GDTF Geometry parameter is selected on the Object Info palette.
        • The web browser displays the correct information when editing a GDTF file.
        • Using SVG files in a GDTF file is now supported.
      • Braceworks
        • On the macOS, restores the Cross Sections pane of the Braceworks Calculation Report dialog box.
        • Vertical and horizontal lines now display correctly in the Braceworks calculation report when the report is generated repeatedly.
        • Restores colored icons in the Braceworks Calculation Overview dialog box.
      • ConnectCAD
        • Resolves scaling issues with circuits and equipment items.
        • Layout rooms no longer delete the location data of equipment items.

For a full list of improvements in this update, please visit this page.

Installing the Update

This update is available as a downloadable updater for all U.S. English-based versions of Vectorworks 2024. To install the update, please select Check for Updates from the Vectorworks menu (Mac) or Help menu (Windows).

Please submit a support request in the customer portal if you have any technical questions or problems during this process.

• Like 2

Report Article

User Feedback

Since applying this update today, February 13th, I have begun having consistent crashes. My drawing has been completely stable prior to this.

I am having crashes if I convert a file over from 2023 into 2024 and I use the pan tool. It will lock up my entire system. I don't have that problem with the same file in 2023 or if I create a brand new file in 2024. I am running windows 11 Pro 64-bit, not sure if that matters either.

• Administrator

@Chris Wailes , is this happening with more than one of the files from 2023? Or just one in particular? Can you send me the file via DM in the original 2023 version as well as the imported 2024 version? Thanks