Custom Title Block does not support Scale changes

AnaisR

(on PC, Windows NT)

In VW Mechanical (10.5) I have created a Custom Title Block following the instructions in the HelpFile, i.e. creating it with a 1:1 scale.

When I have a drawing that needs to be in 1:2 scale my whole drawing border shrinks down too, which is not what I want. A solution to this is to delete my drawing border and then reset it using "Mechanical->Drawing Setup->Insert Drawing Border->Custom Title Block". The drawing border inserts itself fine, but not the Custom Title Block, where the linked text is all messed up.

I could set my Drawing Borders and Drawings on different layers, with different scales, but I want my Drawing Borders on the same layers as my drawings since I have several issues of them and want each drawing border to be associated with a single drawing.

Why does the Custom Title Block not adust itself to the new scale as the ASME Title block does?

I have also tried changing the print area, but the Custom Title Block is still messed up.

Has anyone found a way to go past this problem?

cheers, anaisr.

Hi Tomu,

Yes, it seems that the title block scales correctly, but the text is messed up.

The title block is a symbol named "Custom Title Block" which is saved in a symbol library and imported into my target documents (through the use of a template).

I am then importing old Engineering drawings into these templates and want the drawings to fit in one page for printing on A4.

cheers, anaisr.

Aha! That is the problem. If your drawing contains layers of different scales, the title block will not work correctly. What you need to do is to create a separate 1:1 layer for each drawing and place the drawing border with title block on each of these layers. For your final "drawing", make both the drawing layer and the associated drawing border layer visible and all other layers invisible and the drawing layer as the active layer. Set the layer settings to Show Others and you should now have a drawing with its associated drawing border. Save this as a sheet. Once all of your sheets (drawings) are saved you can switch between these drawings using the Sheet Menu button at the bottom of your screen.

I hope this solves your problem.

Tom Urie

Nemetschek, N.A.