This is actually quite moot, but there are 3 dashes that are able to be typed from a Mac keyboard:    1) the hyphen, or minus-sign: "-" 2) the n-dash (Option-hyphen*): "–" 3) the m-dash (Shift-Option-hyphen*): "—" * on the Mac Keyboard   I'm sure you can get there from a Windows keyboard, but I don't know the escape codes off the top of my head. Okay, I looked them up: type "Alt 0150" for an n-dash and "Alt 0151" for an m-dash.    Nit–pickily you
    • Like