We gave the project sharing its first test yesterday - and it was a disaster.
Some but not all information would be seen after a commit and refresh. It would not allow editing of certain objects and layers because it claimed for each of us that the other had permission. Then it would not let us commit because it said the other had taken our permissions away.
Then the really strange things started to happen - all of our general notes disappeared. All of our title block
Our office had a long journey with experiments on devices for Project Sharing.... and hope our joinery can help you guys to decide the best method/hardware to go with.
Like Tom, we also started with Google Drive, and when that didn’t work, we experimented with Drop Box.
After we spoke to tech support and understood l permission requests works between the Working File and Project File, we understood that such cloud server setup is an impossibility. So we dropped Dropbox.