viewport editing

Joz

Question

I know there's a brannew version out, so please disregard if this has already been handled. It's all up in my mind at present, and I wanted to write before I put it off again.

I would like:

-Viewports to be virtual borders around drawings they're showing (mine show as rectangles vaguely related to size, surrounding maybe part of the drawing shown, offset either vertically or horizontally)

Ok, so my plans behaved as I wished, and the cirucumstances above related to my elevations. But I was using layer links, cuz I didn't know that the viewports were that slick. Now I'm just using the vp, and it's much better. So that part is squared away. Ooops. :)

-Viewports to be "polygons" that are 2-d shape edit-able for the "crop" function.

- Can we eliminate the crop-edit thing? Drawing a square (with an invisible line) around the desired bits in an edit window is just not intuitive. Cropping the drawing by editing the viewport borders is much simpler.

-Drawing labels related to the viewports. Ie, drawing labels show name of viewport, page viewport appears on (per the sheet layer number?), scale of viewport...

If this stuff is impractical to the function of the program (or already integrated in a way I've not yet discovered), I'm open to learning why. :)

Thanks...

Edited by Joz

1 answer to this question

Joz -

What do you mean by this: "-Viewports to be "polygons" that are 2-d shape edit-able for the "crop" function. "

The viewport "border" is needed as a bounding box, and works well when aligning viewports on a page.

If you draw the crop shape (and leave selected) when creating the viewport, a prompt will display asking whether or not you want to use that object as the crop.

The drawing label tool will pick up the name of the viewport, scale, etc. when you place it in the annotation mode of the viewport.