Renderworks Texture Origins

BandA

Question

I think it would be really useful to have an option to make the mapping of a renderworks texture document/globally based, like 2d hatches are now. That way, when two walls are created with the same texture, one on top of the other, it wouldn't be necessary to edit the mapping of one wall to match the other. This would be particularly useful when there are multiple walls stacked on top of each other that all need the same origin based texture applied (eg, clapboards.

2 answers to this question

The more I use VW12 to do BIM, the more I see a how a document or class based texture origin would be useful. Say I created a 2x6 stud wall with sheathing and siding. To create the sheathing and siding that would cover the outside of the decking below (or above), I would simply make a thin wall around the outside of the decking and set it's outer texture to that of the wall above and/or below. If I assigned all the walls that would be visible from the outside to the same class and a class or document based texture origin option existed, I could have a consistent texture map from the wall surrounding the decking to the wall above and below. This would eliminate the need to go around to each wall and manually adjust it's mapping so it's texture (say siding of some form) lined up with the other walls. Just my $0.02