Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Boolean Planar / Subtract , Remove Duplicates

NTT

Hello Community,

I am trying to subtract / clip some polygons but I keep getting the original polygons with the Result. see below.
I tried to find out polygons that have similar area then remove the duplicates by original list indices, unfortunately, it didn't work. any clue how can i achieve the desired result below? Thanks

Manually, I would select all, clip surface , then delete the resulted selected polygon (automatically selected from Vectorworks)

Desired Result:

Screenshot2023-06-12at19_13_56.thumb.png.73382cd5a7dc3b3b1339e8a6ccf4fbad.pngp

Script Result:

Screenshot2023-06-12at19_15_37.thumb.png.c2b7b22eb78e25645c7363950593c75b.png

Edited by NTT

Hello,

there are some more things you can try.

1. Put a "Delete" node after the two "Copy" nodes. The "Delete" Node deletes the objects only after the whole Marionette script was executed, so this should get rid of all the copied objects that remained because they were not changed.
  2. "Remove Duplicates" directly after the "Planar Boolean" node.
  3. Filter objects by their handles after the "Planar Boolean" node with the "Is Member" node. "Is Member" checks if the given item is in a given list. This works if you put the output of the "Planar Boolean" node as the "Item" and both "hCopy" outputs of the "Copy" nodes as the "list" input of the "Is Member" node. After that you can just use the "Filter" node.
  4. Filter objects with the wrong object type. This might not be of relevance here, but in my case there were some groups in the output of the "Planar Boolean" node for some reason.

And this is how i put all of the things mentioned above in a Marionette network:

Bildschirmfoto2023-06-13um14_41_13.thumb.png.fb0d7065558175c538c55d12b1d15fb8.png

If this does not solve your problem you could also upload a example file, so that we can provide better help.

Regards,

Letti